Monday, July 2, 2012

Extra Fancy Math

Here are two brand new varieties of the Platonic solids, the extra-fancy beaded cube and tetrahedron, from the mind of my seven year old:



















We had a nice mini-conversation about how many straws/edges she needed to build up from the triangular base to build the tetrahedron.

And, later in the day, the beaded tower with pyramid topper (and flag, which I couldn't get into the photo) was finally complete:






































Proving, yet again, that children are like cats.  When you're engaged in an activity (like cutting straws for next week) and not paying them any attention, both a child and a cat will become intensely interested in doing what you're doing, or at least something related.  At least my daughter doesn't lie on top of my laptop's keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...